Shortcuts, design flaws, cost-cutting, defective products, and sloppy construction can all cause defects in buildings and homes. These flaws can undermine the structural integrity and appearance of the building. In the extreme case, defects if not fixed, can create unsafe conditions. If you have construction defects don’t hesitate to act.
COMMON CONSTRUCTION DEFECT ISSUES:
- Corrosion can cause structural components to fail
- Water leaks can destroy the house and cause mold growth
- Missing Fire Walls or sloppy construction of fire-rated walls can allow fires to spread uncontrolled
- Penetrations of high-rise pressurized staircases can turn staircases into fire traps
- Premature Plumbing Failures can cause flooding and mold growth
- DEFECTS CAN DESTROY HOMES AND HOME VALUES
SAMPLE CONSTRUCTION DEFECT AWARDS BY OUR LAWYERS *
- Single Family Detached Retirement/Golf Community 1300 Units | $51,359,907
- Attached Condo | $26,000,000
- Mid-Rise/Townhome 560-Unit Development | $20,680,000 Pre-Filing Settlement
- Mid-Rise Luxury Multi-Unit Podium Development | $17,500,000
- High-Rise Luxury Multi-Tower 198-Unit Development | $7,500,000
- Attached Condo | $6,614,917
- Ocean-Front Podium High-Rise | $6,401,000
- High-Rise Mixed-Use Condos Over 12 Floors Office Space | $4,650,000
Class Actions are cases in which people join as a class to recover damages caused by a similar wrongful act. Class Action suits are specified by both Federal and State statutes to provide an effective and efficient vehicle to recover for wrongful acts, the consequences of which are suffered by large groups of persons similarly situated. Claims, which on an individual basis would be unaffordable, provide strength in numbers against big companies.
Prominent Class Actions include consumer products, building products or financial institutions by consumers against large companies, or insurance companies. These Actions allow just a few individuals hiring knowledgeable counsel to champion their cause. The firm’s Class Action Practice Group handles cases nationwide.
Our firm has represented thousands of homeowners to recover funds to fix corroded hurricane straps. Hurricane straps are crucial components of a home’s structural system which is designed to resist the destructive forces of the inevitable hurricanes hitting the Islands. In one case, we recovered $37,500,000 to fix the homes and in a larger project we recovered $90,400,000 and reconstruction is underway. These communities are now safer.
SAMPLE CLASS ACTION WINS BY OUR LAWYERS*
- Hawaii Class Homeowners with corroded hurricane straps | $90,400,000 Settlement
- Nationwide Class of 10,000 plus homes with defective brass plumbing, fittings, and shut-off valves with over a billion valves installed. All defect product is subject to replacement | Settlement Value of $75,000,000
- Nationwide Class of a 300,000 plus Homeowners with Viega/Vanguard PEX plumbing systems | $62,000,000 Settlement Value
- Nationwide Class against a plumbing component manufacturer for hundreds of thousands of homeowners with yellow brass plumbing components | $57,000,000 Settlement Value
- Hawaii Class Homeowners with defective wind protection, PEX plumbing systems and corroded Hurricane Straps | $35,700,000 Settlement
- Nationwide Class of 12.5 million Farmers Exchange subscribers charged excessive fees | $548,734,348 Settlement
- California Class of defective watercraft owners against manufacturer | $19,879,329 Settlement Value
- Class of Ponzi scheme victims against a major global bank | $17,040,000 Settlement Value and a National Bank | $8,250,000 Settlement Value
Consumers have the right to rely on the honesty and integrity of the companies with which they do business. Manufactures of consumer products, pharmaceutical drug companies, carelessly handled toxic chemicals or manipulative accounting practices, all make money for big business at the expense of the consumer. Often, profit-driven decisions made in corporate boardrooms hurt hundreds or even thousands of people living near the factories, or relying on the quality of the product they buy to properly perform. It can be devastating when consumers are harmed.
Our firm has experience litigating against Fortune 500 companies and we know how to get results.
SAMPLE CONSUMER LITIGATION AWARDS BY OUR LAWYERS*
- In re: NFL Players’ Concussion Injury Litigation on behalf of 600+ NFL retirees and spouses for concussion injuries | Uncapped Settlement
- Victims of childhood sexual abuse at group care facility | $15,850,000 Settlements
- 25 businesses flooded by government entity | $2,700,000 Settlement
- Auto v. pedestrian catastrophic injury | $2,500,000 Settlement
- Government van v. auto | $1,400,000 Settlement
- Pool defect/drowning | $1,050,000 Settlement